swarm-modeling

Re: Swarm for Dummies. Newbie question

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Swarm for Dummies. Newbie question
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:39:34 -0500

Mike Spaner wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to use swarm for the first time. Platform: Windows 98. I would
> like to develop an java-swarm app. Did I really need to install cygwin? Is
> there a simple java-swarm tutorial that anyone can point me to? Any help
> offered is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Spaner

Java is brand new and its usage is still being pioneered.  There is not
a simple tutorial comparable to the current Objective-C tutorial.

Marcus answered the question about cygwin a couple of days ago.  The
short answer is that we wish you would install cygnus and kaffe because
we will not be able to help you debug anything if you don't have them.
You can read his note here:
http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9909/0091.html

This is now an official FAQ, the first of the Windows Swarm-2.0 era!

   body of the message.