swarm-gis

Re: ASCII and real coordinates

From: Ned Gardiner
Subject: Re: ASCII and real coordinates
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:45:25 -0400

You could use a world file, as is done with geotifs. Here are some google'd suggestions for more information:
http://www.nps.gov/gis/av3_online/documents/section7/docs/section7_pg3.html
http://www.geotiff.org/
http://webgis.wr.usgs.gov/perl.htm
http://web.fsv.cvut.cz/lists/gis-cz/2000/msg00049.html

Li An wrote:

Hi,

I have an arc/info (Erdas Imagine maybe) raster file (DEM) and want to convert it into ASCII file for Swarm modeling. Any way to retain the real location information (such as UTM coordinates) in the ASCII file--I mean, for example, the (1,1) in the ASCII output is associated with (300400, 4324000)?

Thanks,

Li An
Ph.D. candidate
Systems Modeling Lab,
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI 48824
Phone (work): 517-353-7981
Fax: 517-432-1699

  Swarm-GIS is for discussion of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
  and their integration or use with Swarm.  For list administration
  needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to
  <address@hidden> with "help" in the body of the message.

--
Ned Gardiner, Ph.D.
Science Bulletins