summer-of-code

Re: Can GNU Maintainers work on their own project?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Can GNU Maintainers work on their own project?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:07:00 -0500

Hi Remco,

    Can GNU maintainers participate, working on the project they
    maintain? If so, who would mentor them?

That is the problem: if there is someone else who can mentor you, then
there'd be no problem (GNU maintainership is entirely separate from SoC
participation, after all).  This could easily happen on larger projects
with multiple senior developers, but for your RPGE package, I have no
idea who that person could be.

Does Google offer any advice about such a situation?  Might check the
faq's.  (I admit I have not read every word myself.)

Best,
karl