[STUMP] Use of placement rules, and crash

From: Etienne Mallard
Subject: [STUMP] Use of placement rules, and crash
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:54:19 +0000

Hi,

I've a problem trying to place automatically my windows. In one of my group called "cfg", I want to keep two frames split vertically: one frame with .stumpwmrc, one with .emacs, both opened using emacsclient.
Here is my function to create a named frame in emacs and also define the placement rule:

(defun emacs_make_frame (name groupname frame-number)
  (run-shell-command
   (cat "emacsclient -e \"(make-frame '((name . \\\"" (cat name "\\\")))\"")))

  (define-frame-preference groupname
      (frame-number t t :title name)))

So if I run :

  (clear-window-placement-rules)
  (emacs_make_frame "stump-cfg" "cfg" 0)
  (emacs_make_frame "emacs-cfg" "cfg" 1)

and then,

place-existing-windows, I would expect them to go to the right group / frame.

Using
* (frame-number nil nil :title name)))
* (frame-number t nil :title name)))
doesn't work and
* (frame-number nil t :title name)))
* (frame-number t t :title name)))
crashes.

So my first question is : I know there is an error message, but I can't read it before I return to gdm, is there a log somewhere ?
And the second : Am I doing right ?

Thanks,
Etienne