[STUMP] Stump on ECL

From: Steve Hafner
Subject: [STUMP] Stump on ECL
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:15:02 -0700

Following Julian Stecklina's  "ECL Support" post from 2010-03-10, I
attempted to run Stump on ECL, but failed:

With gcc-4.4.4, I built ecl-10.4.1 with  option --with-clx; no
apparent problems here.

Then with

/tmp/cl-ppcre-2.0.3

I ran

./configure --with-lisp=ecl --with-ppcre=/tmp/cl-ppcre-2.0.3
make

This produced a binary stumpwm-mono but with two identical warnings as follows:
Warning: No architecture feature found in ((X86-64 AMD64 X86_64
                                                              X8664-TARGET)
                                                             (X86 I686
I586 PENTIUM3 I486
                                                              I386
PC386 IAPX386 X8632-TARGET
                                                              PENTIUM4)
                                                             HPPA64 HPPA PPC64
                                                             (PPC32
PPC POWERPC) SPARC64
                                                             SPARC).
Perhaps this is nothing to worry about. Anyway, upon running
stumpwm-mono via startx, the screen goes blank and after a while I
kill it with alt-ctl-backspace, which does work. I'm left with the
following on the console:

No restarts available.

Broken at XLIB::X-ERROR.
 File:"src:clx;dependent.lisp.NEWEST" (Position #76750)
The problem seems to be with clx, but so far I've had no luck finding
it. Incidentally, stump seems to run fine for me with sbcl in the same
environment.