Re: [STUMP] Crash in stumpwm

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Crash in stumpwm
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 00:07:20 -0700

Hi Philip,

It looks like it could be a bug in clisp's new-clx implementation. It
appears XFree is being called on an invalid pointer inside new-clx's
xlib:wm-hints function. Looking at the function, I don't see anything
obviously wrong with it. However, the hints variable is not
initialized and perhaps it's possible there's some corner case where
it doesn't get changed by XGetWindowProperty causing XFree to be
called on it.

I bet if you went into modules/clx/new-clx/clx.f and changed:

  XWMHints *hints;

  XWMHints *hints = NULL;

in XLIB:WM-HINTS you'd fix the problem. However, to file I bug report
with clisp I'd like to find a way to reproduce the problem. I'll see
if I can and in the meantime, can you try the above change and see if
it gets rid of the crash?

-Shawn