SD crashes in brltty when Espeak encounters semi-graphical characters

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: SD crashes in brltty when Espeak encounters semi-graphical characters
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:00:00 +0100

Hermann napsal(a):
> The bad news: SD crashes everytime brltty comes upon a semi-graphical
> character or a row of them. You can check this by
> opening the brltty homepage or the archive of this list with w3m or links2
> using the braille-terminal settings.

Hello Hermann,

we tried to reproduce the situation with libespeak 1.36, but got
no crashes. Perhaps this is related to the settings of your console
or to the version of espeak you are using.

What exactly is crashing? Speech Dispatcher or the espeak output
module? Can you send us the result of:

 ps -A | grep speech
 ps -A | grep sd

Also, could you please set LogLevel to 5 in speechd.conf and send me
the logfile resulting from this crash? The debug file from the espeak
output module would be nice as well.

That way we will be able to at least tell where the problem is happening.

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke