speech-dispatcher punctuation and brltty question

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: speech-dispatcher punctuation and brltty question
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:45:55 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I'm using brltty with speech dispatcher. I have a couple of questions:
I'm using the espeak-generic driver as well
If someone could perhaps answer the following questions I would appreciate
it.

1. How can I get speech-dispatcher to say all punctuation?
2. How can I make it say most punctuation for when I'm not reading source
code?
3. How can I make speech-dispatcher indicate caps?
4. I'm on debian. I used aptitude to install speech-dispatcher.
Can I make speech-dispatcher start any earlier in the boot process?
5. My last question. How can I adjust the prannounciation of
words/characters?
Like instead of hearing stroke get it to say say slash?

Regarding my punctuation question is it possible to choose what characters
get spoken and what don/t?
Like could I have every typed character spoken, however, full stops,
commers etc shouldn't be voiced when reading by line or whatever.

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/