spamass-milt-list

Re: project status?

From: Bruce A. Mah
Subject: Re: project status?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:04:16 -0700

If memory serves me right, Greg Troxel wrote:
> "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@kitchenlab.org> writes:
>
>> I "maintain" spamass-milter for FreeBSD Ports (I use quotations because
>> there's really not a whole lot to do).  Our entry for spamass-milter
>> tracks the last release from savannah, with the addition of two patches
>> from the andybalholm repo.  I'd certainly be open to changing that
>> arrangement if appropriate and beneficial.
>
> I also don't do much, but the state of upstream is uncomfortable so I'm
> looking around.
>
> We have 0.4.0 from savannah plus a man page patch I think taken from
> FreeBSD, to document the a flag, to not scan messages from authenticated
> users.  (But apparently the flag itself is in 0.4.0?)

Yeah it's just a documentation change.

I should mention in the spirit of full disclosure that I barely use
spamass-milter nowadays...I used to run my own mail infrastructure but
migrated to G Suite a couple years ago.  My one spamass-milter instance
is on an outbound mail server that I use for sending out automated
emails from programs.  Hence my "least effort" approach to package
maintainership.  :-)

Bruce.