spamass-milt-list

MISSING_SUBJECT + HEADER REWRITE bug?

From: Vaccus Spurcamen
Subject: MISSING_SUBJECT + HEADER REWRITE bug?
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:47:03 +0100

Apologies if this has been covered before. I'm invoking the milter via
Postfix like this;

(main.cf)
smtpd_milters = unix:/var/spool/mail/private/samilter

And for the last 12 months it's worked with no real issues. Recently I
increased the score in spamassassin for 'missing subject' to 8 and then
started to see issues with mail being rejected. When I looked at what
the milter was doing, I noticed it always hits the missing subject rule,
despite the subject being clearly in the message headers.

I also noted that the increase in score rewrote the subject as I
expected, but did not prepend [spam score] [original subject] - it
replaced it with just the score - which had me spending a couple of
hours thinking that the subject was really missing. I also noted that
there was no subject anywhere in the headers other than at the bottom,
as shown here:

Subject: [SPAM:6.6]

However, when I dropped the score on MISSING_SUBJECT I noted that the
subject was present, but appeared further up (just under the first
received header) but still hitting on the rule: