spamass-milt-list

Re: spamass-milter + MySQL users prefs + sendmail + cyrus

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: spamass-milter + MySQL users prefs + sendmail + cyrus
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:39:42 -0500

In the last episode (Aug 04), Glogger Steven said:
> > You need to add the '-u' flag to the spamass-milter arguments:
> > spamass_milter_flags="-x -f -p ${spamass_milter_socket} -u steven"
>
> you're my hero ,-) this works now.
>
> > The username in the -u option will be used only if there are more
> > than one local recpient in the message.
>
> hmm... thats not optimal...
>
> because, lets say you send a mail to:
> to: address@hidden    (--> user 'steven')
> cc: address@hidden    (--> user 'admin')
>
> and i have the "-u defaultuser" flag set it takes 'defaultuser' as
> template for the sql.  but what if 'steven' has a score of 10 and
> 'admin' a score of 3 set, and the mail has a score of 5.

It's not optimal, but since the /same/ message is delivered to both
recipients, you have to either choose one of the recipient userids to
run spamassassin with, or use a "default" user.  I implemented the
defaultuser option, since you have more control over the settings that
way.

> i would be very bad if i do cyrus-sieve filtering on my mailserver:
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>         discard;
> }
>
> is there a way to respect all local configs per recipient?

If you tell sendmail to only accept one recipient per message (which
sould force the sending server to resend the message once for each
recipient), then everyone's mail would always get scored using their
own preferences.

Try adding

define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE', `1')dnl

to your .mc file, regenerate the .cf, bounce sendmail, and see if that
works.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden