spamass-milt-list

Re: spamass-milter stops forking new childs?

From: Dave Ellenberger
Subject: Re: spamass-milter stops forking new childs?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:43:20 +0100

Hi Stephan!

Yes, I used your restart-script (with kill -KILL cause the process which was
haning usually doesn't close with kill -TERM) in november 2002 on a other
server with ~120'000 mails/day, but it restarted spamassasin up to 3 times a
minute. That's just to much, so many mails were going through the server
unparsed (F=,).

How many mails is your mailserver parsing? Is 150'000+ just to much?

Anyone ever tried to create a redudant spamass-milter? I could setup 3 IP
aliases on the spamassassin-milter server and create a host with 3 IN A
records. Is this a stupid Idea? :-)

Dave