spamass-milt-list

Re: subject is deleted instead of rewritten

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: subject is deleted instead of rewritten
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:27:08 -0600

In the last episode (Jan 09), Ronan Waide said:
> Might be better when building the string object in the Spamassassin
> object to parse it into individual headers there and then, which can
> be stored in a list, or better still a hash indexed with the header
> name.

Arg. I don't want to have to write an RFC822 parser. :)  Too bad we
can't just inject the output of spamc back into sendmail somehow and
have it parse the thing for us.

I think as far at the search function goes, we can get away with
searching for "MyHeader:" at the start of the message or "\nMyheader:"
anywhere else, and stopping the header data at either the start of the
body, or at the first non-whitespace character after a newline (to
account for wrapped headers).

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden