sks-devel

Re: No DNS records anymore - alternative ?

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: No DNS records anymore - alternative ?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 13:14:35 -0500

Andrew Gallagher dijo [Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 01:10:33PM +0100]:
> On 20/07/2021 21:49, Andreas Puls wrote:
> > Do we have any Pool alternative yet, or shall we just "quit" it ?
>
> Whether you want to quit it depends on what you're doing "it" for. :-)
>
> There is currently no pool, although there has been some discussion over on
> the gnupg-devel list about restarting one. I'm skeptical of the utility of
> such a thing (see my earlier posts for why, I don't want to be a bore). But
> I hope that a synchronising network of keyservers can survive, and grow to
> include keys.openpgp.org, keyserver.ubuntu.com etc. - so IMO having a
> healthy community of keyserver operators is still valuable.

I understand the issues of a single point of contact regarding GDPR,
but am anyways worried about how to better serve users of the WoT
network. At the very least, an easy-to-find listing of keyservers to
choose from. I guess that information derived/simplified from what can
be currently found at sks-status.gwolf.org could be useful for this,
but distributed among operators to reduce the single-point-of-failure
issue.