sks-devel

Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk

From: Todd Fleisher
Subject: Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:03:12 -0700

Sorry to see it end this way, but to Dan’s point all the rugs are being pulled out from under this service. I will continue running my nodes, but it does seem like the official SKS key server network has reached the end of the road. As of yesterday, all of the pool DNS records were pulled. If you click through the expired SSL certificate to reach https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ you will find this:

This service is deprecated. This means it is no longer maintained, and new HKPS certificates will not be issued. Service reliability should not be expected.

Update 2021-06-21: Due to even more GDPR takedown requests, the DNS records for the pool will no longer be provided at all.

-T