sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Search returns 500 MB blob

From: Sascha Rommelfangen
Subject: [Sks-devel] Search returns 500 MB blob
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 15:27:48 +0200

Hi all,

We’re just running into a situation where we looked up a key for the email
address address@hidden All keyservers we tried, including our very own one at
pgp.circl.lu, returned a blob of 500 MB.
Some key servers return a timeout after 30 seconds. The situation can also be
tested with key ID 0x62cfc8f5, however, the returned blob is much smaller (23
MB).

Has anyone else seen this or similar cases and investigated the root cause and
what can be done to prevent systematically the exhaustion of resources?

Thank you very much and with kind regards,
Sascha Rommelfangen