sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Keyservers and GDPR

From: ilf
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Keyservers and GDPR
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 19:35:10 +0200

Almost one year ago, there was a big debate about the GDPR and keyservers. Now I would like to know: Did any keyserver admin(s) receive any (serious) GDPR-related complaint? Or even an official complaint by a data protection authority? Or even a penalty like a fine?

I assume not, at least for the latter two.

The fines by German DPAs have been rather low: https://www.welt.de/finanzen/article193326155/DSGVO-Verstoesse-Bundeslaender-ziehen-Bussgeld-Bilanz.html

So far, I stand by last year's statement:

tl;dr: Keep calm and keep running keyservers.

--
ilf

If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.