sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] heads-up: another attack tool, using SKS as FS

From: Ryan Hunt
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] heads-up: another attack tool, using SKS as FS
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:58:51 -0600

Does a user revolt even matter as the SKS pool is dismantled by continuous
attacks?

I think a significant amount of redesign is required to save the SKS network at
this point, the crusades against SKS have just been ratcheting up and they are
winning IMO, I dropped my server from the pool eons ago because of how much
time was required to keep my server alive and healthy, it was like having a
toddler that never ever grew up.. Sooner or later you guys need start looking
forward, if mistakes were made in the past ignoring them is not going to solve
anything.

Over a decade ago we were all discussing what would happen if child pornography
was uploaded to the pool, and here we are still with our heads stuck in the
sand.. IMHO its about time we just nuked that issue from orbit. Ignore the
users, your the sysops.. Either SKS will die, or the entire thing is going to
have to be scrapped and redesigned with something that can permit removal of
keys, or drop all support for images and start validating key holders.. none
are ideal, but one is pretty clearly better than the others to me.

-Ryan