sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] heads-up: another attack tool, using SKS as FS

From: Ryan Hunt
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] heads-up: another attack tool, using SKS as FS
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:57:10 -0600

Could this be mitigated by validating email addresses as they come in? Like
sending an encrypted mail to the said address with a return token, If the token
is not provided the key is never put into the SKS rotation?

I think a solution like this would be much more effective, and if there was
some desire to conform to GDPR at some point it would be pretty much required
first step because I cannot see how we could possibly remove keys without a
command signed by that key, and putting this in place would make that ‘no more
difficult to remove than it was to add’..

Regards,
-Ryan Hunt