sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Looking for peers to keys.sugarlabs.org

From: Sascha Silbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Looking for peers to keys.sugarlabs.org
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:50:27 +0200

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 03:47:07PM +0000, Mike wrote:

I've been trying to setup a keyserver on Ubuntu by porting the lucid version 1.1.1 of sks into karmic. It is not working yet. I seem to have problem with the DB. Would you have a short description of the steps you took to do the full install?
It's been some time since I started setting up the server (ran out of space in between), but don't remember doing much special. The backport itself apparently was straightforward - at least I didn't mention anything in the changelog. ;) The default settings in /usr/lib/sks/sks_build.sh started thrashing the machine rather quickly, so I reduced the resource usage by using this pipeline:

nice ionice -c 3 sh -c 'sks build /var/lib/sks/dump/*.pgp -n 1 -cache 100 && sks cleandb && sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70'

Afterwards I added the following DB_CONFIG to both DB and PTree, based on recommendations on this list:

=== Begin DB_CONFIG ===
set_cachesize 0 134217728 1
set_mp_mmapsize 1073741824
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
set_lg_regionmax 1048576
set_lg_max 10485760
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lk_detect DB_LOCK_DEFAULT
set_tmp_dir /tmp
set_lock_timeout 1000
set_txn_timeout 1000
=== End DB_CONFIG ===

Because karmic uses bindv6only = 0, I needed to explicitly configure all addresses to bind to - otherwise SKS would reject incoming IPv4 connections due to address format mismatches (dotted decimal IPv4 from membership vs. IPv6-formatted-IPv4 from incoming connection).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/