sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] pool.sks-keyservers.net having trouble?

From: Ryan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] pool.sks-keyservers.net having trouble?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:45:12 -0600

Couple thoughts, first of all if you have several machines doing regular
queries you might look into running a local keyserver for your servers to sync
off of.. if thats not a possibility you might locate your closest server and
point it at them.

Another idea might be run your own DNS pool to your select servers, give you
the benefits of hitting multiple servers but still the control over which
actual servers get hit. If you doing a TON of queries to a single server you
might let the admin know your intentions before hand.

You can use many external tools such as netstat to see your local/remote socket
connections, just look for something hitting a remote hkp port.

I serve on average ~16.5k keys a day but I haven't been in the
sks-keyservers.net pool for some time now.. I am running 2 keyservers and load
balancing across the both of them, this is mainly for high-avability as the
load impact of a single keyserver is minimal.

Good Luck,
-R