sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Running SKS under Windows

From: Dahlke, Axel
Subject: [Sks-devel] Running SKS under Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:09:07 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to get SKS running under Windows XP, because it is the only
OS I have access to.
We'd like to encrypt our *internal* mail from our Human Resource
Management
(along with any other mails concerning payroll) with GnuPG, but have
some reservations
about publishing the public-keys on the internet, because they
would be accessible for spammers.

What I have done so far:

1)
- Installed the latest Cygwin-Release with the Berkeley-DB and OCaml
Packages.
- Running "make dep" for SKS under Cygwin results in a
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
  ocamldep -pp camlp4o   *.ml *.mli > .depend
  Signal 11
  make: *** [dep] Error 139

  I dont't know, if this is a OCaml or Cygwin problem.
- I even compiled Ocaml and Berkeley-DB from scratch to no avail

2)
- Installed the Ocaml Windows-Binaries from http://caml.inria.fr
- Downloaded the Berkeley-DB from http://www.sleepycat.com and compiled
it
  with MSVC 6.0
- tried to run Microsofts nmake.exe with the SKS Makefile, but nmake
complains about
  syntaxerros in Makefile:
  NMAKE Fatal Error U1034
  syntax error : separator missing
  The colon (:) that separates targets and dependents is missing.

I am not familiar with the internal structure of makefiles (hey, I'm a
Windoze user ;-) ),
so I would appreciate any help regarding this matter.

==========================
Axel Dahlke
Germanischer Lloyd AG
Vorsetzen 35
20459 Hamburg
Germany
--------------------------
Mail: address@hidden

This e-mail contains confidential information for the exclusive attention of
the intended addressee. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is
unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as copying,
distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and
Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at
the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of
errors, interruption etc.