Re: [bug #49928] example simple_serial doesn't work

From: Thomas K
Subject: Re: [bug #49928] example simple_serial doesn't work
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 18:44:30 +0100

Hi @all,

i've now updated branch dev-cmake on git repository. It contains some changes because of valgrind findings. This changes fix also one ugly bug on HWIrqSystem class. If somebody experience unexpected crashes then it's possible, that it is fixed now!

Also I have changed some settings on this branch:

* python 3.4 or newer is now mandatory, python2 has arrived end of live.

* standard c++11 is now set

Plan is:

* take over examples and write some documentation for it (how to build, how to use)

* update documentation for the cmake build system

* pick some changes, which come from simulavr bug list and others

* update gtest from 1.6 to current version

* take over the dev-cmake branch to master branch around end of year and tag it as version 1.1 to get a base for further development (sure, there are unseen bugs, but I think, that we have to make this step)

* add Dockerfile to create a docker image for simulavr debugging

And hold in mind:

* there is no Windows or mac OS support! (at least in the moment)

* vpi.cpp needs some rework, but I have not the knowledge to fix, for example, the build warnings!

* there is a sbi/cbi change. Does anybody use it or have checked it?

cu, Thomas