Re: [Simulavr-devel] Missing information in trace files

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Missing information in trace files
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:53:27 +0100

ThomasK schrieb:
> Hi Klaus,
>
>> My simulation breaks down with throwing an exception. That is not a good
>> idea at all, because it tooks not a minute until the simulation is down.
>
> I have tried it just now. On my machine it works to produce subsequent
> trace files! Do you have more information about it? How much lines do
> you see in the trace file till it breaks?

What I do is to have a own main() and link against libsimaulvr and
enable trace. After a while the prog crashes with the following output:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  basic_string::substr
Error condition in io input handler

I think I will prepare a simple workaround:

If traceLinesOnFile is 0 I run endless. I can setup the maxlines in my
main so it is no problem for using the libsimulavr.

If tracing switched on during gdb is active, the session breaks down
also in a few seconds. That makes it impossible to run simulavr cmd with
gdb and trace option.

Maybe we should give an additional parameter (maxlines) on command line
to set to 0 if user needs endless simulation while trace is active.

What do you think?

Regards
 Klaus