Re: [Simulavr-devel] Script to count tab spaces in source files

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Script to count tab spaces in source files
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:55:01 +0100

ThomasK wrote:

> And, as Klaus wrote, modern editors ...

:-) I am using one of the most modern editors: vi :-)

> have the ability to use space
> characters instead of tab characters or able to transform it to spaces
> and back, if somebody want's this. ;-) Btw. @ Klaus: I agree with you in
> using spaces and editor functionality to have a good formating.

I am really not interested in any kind of discussions about tabs or
spaces and how many spaces. This could be ignored by everyone with a
normal source code editor. And also diff and svn or git could ignore any
changes of that.

But I dislike writing code with under_score_names and CamelWriting in
the same module. And I also dislike different block brace setting in the
modules of one project. Decide between end of line braces or brace only
lines. But don't mix it please :-)

> But I
> know some people, which think about such agreement as a attack to theirs
> personal freedom!

Develop a project with more then zero people needs agreements :-)

Actually ( this means at around 10pm today) I like braces only lines
with 3 spaces for indentation.

:-)

This differs from day to day, because I work in several projects with a
lot of different coding guide lines. And I configure my editor to the
guidelines and this could result in reformatting code I work on in between.

Sorry for that :-)

Regards
 Klaus