Re: [Simulavr-devel] build fails

From: D. Laszlo Sitzer
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] build fails
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:50:19 +0100

Hi Petr,

thanks for your fix. I have tried to build once again but it still
fails with a (smaller) error message related to systemclock.cpp

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I.    -I/usr/include -g -O2 -Icmd -Iui -Ihwtimer -MT systemclock.lo
-MD -MP -MF .deps/systemclock.Tpo -c -o systemclock.lo systemclock.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/include -g -O2 -Icmd
-Iui -Ihwtimer -MT systemclock.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/systemclock.Tpo -c
systemclock.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/systemclock.o
systemclock.cpp: In member function ‘void MinHeap<Key, Value>::RemoveMinimum()’:
systemclock.cpp:48: error: there are no arguments to ‘empty’ that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘empty’ must be
available
systemclock.cpp:48: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept
your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
systemclock.cpp: In member function ‘void MinHeap<Key,
Value>::RemoveMinimumAndInsert(Key, Value)’:
systemclock.cpp:89: error: there are no arguments to ‘empty’ that
depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘empty’ must be
available
make[3]: *** [systemclock.lo] Error 1

before building I ran "make clean distclean; ./bootstrap; ./configure; make"

thank you (and address@hidden) for your help,

lazlo