Re: [Simulavr-devel] build fails

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] build fails
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:01:35 +0100

On 12 December 2011 15:12, D. Laszlo Sitzer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using the following software/versions:
>
> kernel 2.6.35-31-generic x86_64
> gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.67
> automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
> GNU Make 3.81
> GNU bash, version 4.1.5(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
>
> Is there anything else I could provide (files, information) that might
> be helpful to identify the problem?
>
> The last version I have successfully built was "a49e8da". I will try
> to run some builds on revisions just before "9712eea" (latest) an see
> if that might help.

There is no need for you to try building older revisions. Thanks for
the offer, though. I know the code and the build failure was
introduced by me in the last commit.

Little background: Originally the code used std::multimap. However
simulavr usually has only 1 element in it and removing and adding
caused the multimap to always free and then allocate an internal
block. I tried to use std::vector with STL's make_heap() but I did not
figure out how to write the comparison function (we need minimum heap,
STL does maximum heap by default).

You seem to have called ./bootstrap successfully.

Fixed in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/simulavr.git/commit/?id=a06b58f0f73f2c8e659284eba56489a67b9fc024

--
Petr Hluzin