Re: [Simulavr-devel] version control systems

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] version control systems
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:05:37 +0100

Hi Michael,

happy xmas.

Fedora 11 seems not to believe in cvs2git.
I've not been able to find the magic words to make git itself
convert both simulavr and simulavrxx.

The magic word, resp. command should be "git help cvsimport", my translation of old simulavr code to my repo was made this way. Onno wrote a script to do that for simulavrxx code. But I remember, that I had to try out this a little bit. If you convert with "git cvsimport ...", then the destination repo must not exist. After creating the git repo from cvs repo you can mix it in the real destination repo. (as I remember me)

cu, Thomas