Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:39:49 +0100

Petr Hluzín schrieb:
> 2009/12/22 Knut Schwichtenberg <address@hidden>:
>> In one of my previous projects I used a 2^22Hz crystal. The
>> frequency is 4.194304MHz. So, if there is an alternative input with
>> floating point is implemented 1Hz as the last digit is necessary.
>
> The discussion is about diagnostic _output_ in main(). Parsing users'
>  frequency input is not altered by my patches.

The original implementation has no idea of frequencies. It simply uses
relative values for all the members of one simulation set. It makes no
difference to use the values 4, 8, 12 or a set of 4000000, 8000000,
12000000. The unit is only in the users head, the values in the
simulation are only relatives to the others.

Using higher precision vars in the simulator only slows down the simulation.

If you need the very slow trace output with accurate output in ns, us or
other units you can also add a factor to calculate the relative
simulation values to real world timing.