[Simulavr-devel] Re: [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Re: [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:56:00 -0700

On Mon Dec 21 19:22 , Petr Hluzín  sent:

>2009/12/22 address@hidden address@hidden>:
>> On Mon Dec 21 16:15 , Petr Hluzin  sent:
>> That reminds me of a more significant issue.
>> IIRC simulavr does not store the frequency as such.
>> It stores the period as a whole number of nanoseconds.

>> To inform the user, that is the number that needs printing.
>> It is usually less than 1000 and almost always less than 32000.
>
>To inform user of what?
>What is clock period useful to user?

If the user prefers frequency,
in principle, the number to print is 1000./period MHz.
simulavr cannot simulate 3 MHz.
Admittedly, in most cases, that would not be very important
and the exceptions would be rather odd.

>The clock period is useful for _debugging simulavr_ internals but that
>is for us - simulavr programmers, not for users.
>All AVR-related material I have seen dealt with frequency.

---
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden
"War is only a hobby."