[Simulavr-devel] Re: [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Re: [patch #7034] display frequency in fool-proof way
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:22:59 +0100

2009/12/22 address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> On Mon Dec 21 16:15 , Petr Hluzin  sent:
> That reminds me of a more significant issue.
> IIRC simulavr does not store the frequency as such.
> It stores the period as a whole number of nanoseconds.

Yeah, when I found that out about SystemClockOffset
AvrDevice::clockFreq and its workings I questioned my sanity. (The
procedure was error prone, I was not using IDE that could find
definitions at the time.)

> To inform the user, that is the number that needs printing.
> It is usually less than 1000 and almost always less than 32000.

To inform user of what?
What is clock period useful to user?

The clock period is useful for _debugging simulavr_ internals but that
is for us - simulavr programmers, not for users.
All AVR-related material I have seen dealt with frequency.

--
Petr Hluzin