Re: [Simulavr-devel] repositories

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] repositories
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:55:08 +0200

Hi Michael,

Probably the thing to do is to convert to git by copying a git repository.
Do enough tests to make sure that what used to work still works.

If maintainers want to go from CVS to git on savannah, then it wouldn't really hard to transform. In git repo you can find a branch called cvs-upstream. This branch holds a copy of current CVS state (I havn't looked this days on CVS, if there is something new, but you change for ATMega88 and 168 is included there)

So it would be easy to compare this branch to current CVS state. (a simple diff over all the stuff) And, if somebody wishes this, he could take this branch as starting point for his changes. Of course, in my opinion it would not be very effective :-), but it's possible.

cu, Thomas