Re: [Simulavr-devel] Fix for SPI Example

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Fix for SPI Example
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:32:43 -0400

Hi Jennifer,

Jennifer Averett wrote:
Thank you so much for the patch.  However, the example
still does not appear to run correctly for me I have ran
it using "make do" and "./check.tcl"  and get the same
results.

One thing I did not mention was that I *actually* tested
the examples/atmega48 rather than examples/spi. I just tried
the examples/spi and got all zeros for the data :/

If you try the atmega48 example, make sure you copy the
dummy SPI data file (spidata) from the examples/spi
directory into the examples/atmega48 directory.

I will *try* to find time to look at the examples/spi
stuff, but ... time is short.

I backed the patch out of my working tree and
tried the patch from Onno Kortmann and got the same
results.

Onno's patch changed the SPI hardware implementation
itself. While I did make a simple change to the
"old" SPI implementation, it was only slight. The
biggest problem I had was with the SpiSink class
(spisink.{h,cpp}). The SpiSink seems to be working
in your trace, however, the values of the data are
wrong :/

Did either of you see the results that match the README
file?

Yes, but only in the examples/atmega48 directory.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1