Re: [Simulavr-devel] patch to add vcd output generator

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] patch to add vcd output generator
Date: Fri Nov 22 12:44:02 2002

Grab the latest source from cvs. I've already completed the merge and
committed it.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Carsten Beth wrote:

:) While apply the patch I get a message, that Makefile.am exists already and
:) furthermore the new files (all the vcd stuff) goes directly to the src
:) directory, not to a subdirectory.

You probably didn't give patch the correct value to the -p option. I think
for the patches I make from cvs, you need to be at the top directory of
simulavr and apply the patch using "patch -p0 < foo.diff".

I usually do a dry-run first to see if there are any problems:

  patch -p0 --dry-run < foo.diff

:)
:) ./configure and make work, but the disp-vcd isn't build.

Once you get things patched up correctly, you will need to run the
bootstrap script to regenerate the Makefile.in files before running
configure. Before that, configure doesn't know about the src/disp-vcd
directory.

:)
:) Maybe I did somethink wrong?!? If I have time,  I will look for that on the
:) weekend.

Try the latest cvs and you won't have to deal with patch. If you already
have a cvs tree, you'll need to update it as such:

  cvs update -dP

The patch I sent you may not apply cleanly to simulavr-0.1.1 since I had
already done a bunch of work in cvs before merging your work.

Ted Roth