[Simulavr-devel] more changes

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] more changes
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:29:05 -0700 (MST)

I've just checked in some more changes.

Removing the inline specifiers seems to let the compiler do better
optimizing.

I'm seeing that compiling with CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-finline-functions -Wall -march=i686 -mcpu=i686" gives me about 140K insn
per second on my PPro 180 system. This is about double what I got with
just "-g -Wall" before the decoder changes.

I'm basing my numbers on `time src/simulavr -d at90s8515 test_c/demo.bin`.
Probable not very scientific, but I'm only concerned with "back of the
envolope"  calculations right now.

Ted Roth