"Name collision between" various terminals

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: "Name collision between" various terminals
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:30:37 -0500

A new oddity just showed up in the version of screen installed at
work--when starting screen, or creating a new window, I get several
hundred messages of the form "Name collision between TERM TERM", where
TERM is the name of some terminal. (E.g. the first such message says
"Name collision between xterm xterm".) This persists when I start
screen with no rc file (i.e. screen -c /dev/null). This only started
today, and only affects linux boxes, not solaris. Both are running
"Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06" though it may be of interest
that the solaris version was compiled only last week. Any ideas what's
going on?

--
Aaron Davies
address@hidden