Re: Ping Packagers

From: Loïc Minier
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:23:17 +0100

        Hi

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> >> 45suppress_remap.dpatch
> >
> > I think this is incorrect. What keybindings are broken now? I think
> > 17b43961982caa5132d98544addc4de3f89103db fixes at least part of the bug
> > this patch tries to fix. I need to know if keys other than the end-key
> > are broken.
>
> Checking with Loic, on CC.
>
> Loic- the upstream Screen maintainer is helping review the stack of
> patches Debian and Ubuntu are carrying and there's a question (above)
> about the current applicability of your patch.  Care to comment?

 Sure, full history is in Debian bug #484647:
    http://bugs.debian.org/484647

 I looked at the whole diff from the previous version of screen to the
 new version of screen, and the patch you see was just reverting the
 part of the diff which caused the regression for me.  I thought the
 Debian maintainer would bring this up upstream.

 So if you believe that's fixed (i.e. the <end> key works for you with
 mutt in vanilla screen), we can absolutely drop this patch.

   Thanks,
--
Loïc Minier