escape 0xa0 in utf8

From: Giulio Bottazzi
Subject: escape 0xa0 in utf8
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:32:30 +0100

Hello all,
I used to use the windows key to generate the escape character for
screen. I achieved this by remapping the windows key to produce an ISO
8859-1 Characters "NO-BREAK SPACE" with

keycode 115 = 0xa0

in .Xmodemap and then setting this as the escape character for screen using

escape \240a

in .screenrc

This method does no longer work with UTF-8. I understand this is due
to a remapping of the ISO8859-1 character but I can't understand how
to tell screen to take this remap into consideration. Any help?

Best,
G.

--
Giulio Bottazzi <address@hidden>