Re: screen is now available in Cygwin

From: Andrew Schulman
Subject: Re: screen is now available in Cygwin
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:03:26 -0400

> I'm using it right now.  Works great.  Awesome for running an ssh
> SOCKS proxy on my desktop and then detaching screen...

OK, good.  However, if what you want is to set up permanent port forwarding
or proxying via ssh, you may want to have a look at autossh, which is built
to maintain an ssh connection and reestablish it when it fails.  It can be
installed as a system service in Cygwin using cygrunsrv.  The autossh README
file has details.  Good luck, Andrew.