Screen History + Questions

From: abez
Subject: Screen History + Questions
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:55:58 -0800 (PST)

Screen seems like a rather stable project. I was viewing the mailinglist
and noticed some maintainer movement but not much. I also noticed the
Yahoo group devel is closed and dead.

I have a few questions:

How are the screen sources managed? I noticed the CVS was empty, all I see
is the files in the FTP.

How long has screen been around? I saw files older than 1995 in the FTP
archive but that was version 3!

What is the protocol for submitting patches to screen or discussing how
to fix certain bugs. For instance I submitted a patch to Savanah
regarding an SSH disconnect bug but I know it doesn't fix ALL of the SSH
disconnect bugs (which basically is the SSH daemon not responding and
not sending the right signals and thus a screen session totally hangs on
reattach (blocking writes/reads)). Will this patch be noticed or is
there a different way to submit it.

How do the maintainers talk with each other? Is it all through this
list?

Anyways I love screen and I really must thank you guys for the hard
work.

abram

--
http://www.abez.ca/ Abram Hindle (address@hidden)