Bug Report: caption always + blanker

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Bug Report: caption always + blanker
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:44:29 -0500

I'm still not sure what the best method of submitting a bug report is, so
I'll shoot this out here.

If you use 'caption always' and subsequently invoke 'blanker', the caption
will still be drawn on screen when it changes (for example, if you have %C
in the caption).  This somewhat reduces the usefulness of a blanker, and
tends to mess up the screen if another program has been set with
'blankerprg'.  If you use 'hardstatus lastline' instead of 'caption
always', the problem does not occur (the hardstatus is not drawn).

A workaround would certainly be to switch to using the hardstatus, but I
use (and like) the xterm title bar hardstatus hack, which leaves just the
caption to use as a status bar.

--- --
Top Ten Things Overheard At The ANSI C Draft Committee Meetings:
         (4) How many times do we have to tell you, "No prior art!"
         (3) Ha, ha, I can't believe they're actually going to adopt this
             sucker.