Re: (no subject)

From: cga
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:07:46 -0500

Tim Chase wrote:

Just FYI (offlist as it's not really "screen" related), but in
more recent versions of Mozilla Mail (or Thunderbird if you go
that route too), this is mapped to <F8> and is even detailed in
the menu you describe.  Granted, the <F8> key is waaay up there
for those of us who are vimmers, but it may beat out

"Alt+V -> W -> M"

it's a bit better. was just an example of course.. but if you look at a couple hundred mails & news articles a day.. every day.. not that I would want to use the half-size function keys on this laptop. But it's a good sign they at least did something about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained.

if you don't like that.  I'm running Mozilla Mail 1.7.x at the
moment (pay no mind to the bogus UserAgent header) and have it,
and have tried <F8> on the version of Thunderbird I installed for
my mother.

But I agree 100% about the blasted cluttering windows. Everything should be tabbed :) (Ah, to be back on my OpenBSD & Linux boxen with Fluxbox where you can make *any* app become tabbed...actually, to be anywhere but on this Win32 box... :)

IIRC afterstep has/had a routine that automatically iconified.. or killed (!) inactive windows after a configurable period of inactivity. Not sure I would want to trust anything like that. .