Re: (no subject)

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:51:47 +0100

On Jan 12, 05 17:44:48 -0500, cga wrote:
> I have used linux GUIs for about 4 years. A couple of months back I
> decided enough is enough and that's when I started switching to text
> mode on the linux console. That's how I started using gnu/screen. Well,
> it didn't take more than a couple of days before I was totally able to
> forget I was using it. I hadn't felt so good in front of a computer for
> a long time. Right now I'm in heaven.

That is praise high enough :-)
Let me assure you, that 'mouse support' in screen will be there as a
backward compatibility feature. Mainly for those who like the
paradigma 'seen there, clicked there, done something'.

Switching screen windows by clicking titles in the status bars, sounds like
a very reasonable way to navigate. Especially, as we already have multiple
ways to the same without a mouse.

        cheers,
                Jw

--