Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs

From: ippi
Subject: Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 03:03:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sami.

--- Sami Samhuri <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok I'll see if I can help you with this one since
> I'm bound to run into
> this sooner or later. Are you copying using the
> mouse or yanking in vim?
> I believe you said from one virt console to another
> so I'm guessing
> you're using the mouse and gpm, or are you using
> screen's copy/paste
> functionality?

I've been using screen's copy/paste functionality.
This said, the behaviour is the same when I use the
mouse. Yanking within vim works just fine.
Unfortunatly this isn't going to help when vim is open
on a couple of different machines over ssh.

I didn't mean to hassle you guys with this. It just
seemed like it would be a common problem, with a known
solution. I'm thinking that using 'retab!' as Martin
has suggested will probably suit me just fine.

Thanks.

ippi