open new shell on attach

From: Andrew Leiserson
Subject: open new shell on attach
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:40:36 -0400

I would like to have screen open a new shell when I attach (from a newly
opened xterm). I think I saw this question once, but I can't find it
now, maybe it was in the old mailing list archive. Is this possible? I
have tried using "screen -X screen", but I can't reliably make it act on
the new window instead of the last one I was using.

Please CC me on replies, as I am not on the list.

Thanks,

 - Andy