Re: Hi (Contrast Colors)

From: Chuck Vose
Subject: Re: Hi (Contrast Colors)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:15:59 -0700

It's screen, I'm not sure what it is about it but it is. Now it may be picking
up settings from something else but I can't fathom what.

When I load up in single user or runlevel 3 the colors are completely
different from the colors that I'll see in screen. This is always how it is
though, every system I've ever used screen on has had extremely dull colors
that fade into the black background making it difficult to read comments and
directories. This is the same in every terminal I've used lately. Usually I
use rxvt but sometimes I use Eterm and sometimes I use plain Xterm. Mostly I
use ssh (god knows what colors that will be) or just single user mode (which
I'm not sure what kind of emulator that would be)

Now it's possible that every system I've ever used has had a messed up
terminfo or whatever, but I just don't know as I know almost nothing about
the susystem.

What I mean by high contrast is using the brightest colors against a dark
background (or alternatively the darkest against a light background). When I
played with colors a while ago my favorites were the bolds (this was a
different system and incidentally didn't affect the colors in screen anyways)
which I made the normal colors.

My monitor is very far from my face so if I have to squint and bend closer in
order to see comments I'm dropping screen and loading up somethin else.