Re: Can no longer login to savannah.

From: Carlo Wood
Subject: Re: Can no longer login to savannah.
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:56:40 +0100

I am sure I never threw it away, but it appears that the tools
are refusing to acknowledge that it is even a valid key.

At least, when I try to list my keys with 'gpg --list-keys
carlo@alinoe.com' I only get two keys that appear to be
only self-signed(!). I am SURE I signed one of them with
my old key :/.

I downloaded the public key from savannah to see what ID it
has, and also that does work anymore:

daniel:~>gpg gpgkey.asc
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
gpg: orphaned user ID
gpg: standalone signature of class 0x10
gpg: can't handle this ambiguous signature data
gpg: can't handle this ambiguous signature data
gpg: can't handle this ambiguous signature data
gpg: can't handle this ambiguous signature data

I think this sucks because that means I lost all my
signatures, including one by an old friend who had
his key signed by Phillip Zimmerman himself ;).

I can upload my new GPG key (logging into the website
still works I noticed now - also generated a new
ssh key now). Is it a problem when that isn't
signed by anyone? It is this key:

pub   dsa3072 2018-08-16 [SC]
      8020B2666305EE2FD53E6827C155A4EEE4E527A2
uid           [ unknown] Carlo Wood (Aleric on freenode) <carlo@alinoe.com>
sig 3        C155A4EEE4E527A2 2018-08-16  Carlo Wood (Aleric on freenode)
<carlo@alinoe.com>
sig          6FD2C61D624ACAD5 2018-08-16  [User ID not found]
sub   elg3072 2018-08-16 [E]
sig          C155A4EEE4E527A2 2018-08-16  Carlo Wood (Aleric on freenode)
<carlo@alinoe.com>

The comment is wrong though, I use CarloWood on freenode these days.