Re: IdleAccounts

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: IdleAccounts
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 16:34:32 -0600

Ineiev wrote:
> > > Thomas De Contes wrote:
> > >> I'm a member of this project :
> > >> https://savannah.nongnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=rapid
> > >> but i don't have a lot of time to code

You are a member of that group.  Therefore your account will never be
an "unused account" by: https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/IdleAccounts/

> If your account is a member of any group, it isn't subject to
> automatically deleting (in fact, we don't check VCS commits at all).

Except for "bragging rights" if someone is not a member of any group
and has not posted any bug tickets or made any comments then there is
little use for having a registered account.  Since it is unused.

If there occurs a reason for such an account then one can always
submit a bug ticket to Savannah Administration (the Savannah Hackers
support ticket project) and by that ticket submission it will also be
"used" forever afterward and won't be a candidate for removal by this
process.

The purpose for removing unused accounts is to fight spammers and
other abuse.  Prior to Ineiev doing the work to implement this we had
thousands of spammer accounts that were created only to post link
spam.  This policy of deleting unused accounts was intended to remove
those spammer accounts.

Bob