Re: [Savannah-users] Discussion of version control systems

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Discussion of version control systems
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:01:05 -0400

Paul Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> So simply removing all files in a directory will cause the directory to
> no longer be created when you check out the commits where those files
> don't exist.

I see. That sounds good to me.

> It does mean that you can't add an empty directory to Git.  This is
> very rarely an issue.

And if I ever do run into that issue, I could always put a file .empty
or something in there. Or better, a README explaining the use of the
empty directory. But yes, I don't see any situation where I would need
that.

Thank you, Paul for your explanation and Marcus for your suggestion. I
think I will switch to git.

Asher

--
Steal this tagline.  I did.