Re: [Savannah-users] Messed up CVS repository

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Messed up CVS repository
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:25:16 -0400

Hello Bob,

Bob Proulx <address@hidden> writes:

> Since this is a new project that has only just recently been uploaded
> I see no reason not to correct things manually.  Normally I would
> suggest either writing to savannah-hackers-public and asking for
> assistence from there or filing a support ticket.  But I am reading
> your message here and can do it.

OK, good to know. Next time I'll do it like that.

> Please give your project a clean checkout and see if things are as you
> would like them to be.  If not let us know! :-)

The dead files are indeed gone, but the empty directories are still
there (in ViewVC and when you checkout without -P).

But I think I'll probably switch to git or something similar instead as
someone else suggested. So I guess I could just disable CVS and enable
git or similar and we can forget about the CVS repository?

Thank you for your help,
Asher

--
<cas> well there ya go.  say something stupid in irc and have it
      immortalised forever in someone's .sig file